Google Analytics

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Das Q: The Lovely Bones (2009)

I hate Stanley Tucci. A lot.

There. I said it. He does a fantastic job playing roles where I want nothing more than an icicle to stab him in the neck. But I digress.

If you have children, don’t see this movie. If you have daughters, remember there’s a 7-day waiting period on guns. If you have a pulse, leave after the book is found. You’ll understand what that means, and you’ll understand why I say that after you sit through the wayward sap that ensues following that moment.

I enjoyed (and by enjoyed, I mean had my emotions toyed with like a cat plays with a mouse before severing it jugular) the movie right up until the end. Peter Jackson started strong, kept the intensity on, and drove it, like a car chase scene, right off the cliff and into the slow-motion segway before the crash and explosion at the bottom of the cliff.

Fast-paced, well acted, and then launches off the cliff into the waiting sinkhole(You’ll understand that later) of melodrama.

B+. (Great effort, lacks a strong finish)

No comments:

Post a Comment